There are 2 types of expenses which we have provided information on:

  • Client Reimbursable Expenses
    • This is where your agency or end-client has agreed to reimburse the cost of an allowable expense.  This can be paid to you with your usual pay on a tax-free basis, subject to the below requirements being met.
  • Tax Relief For Expenses Of Employment
    • This is where you are seeking to claim tax relief from HMRC for costs that you have incurred.  This can be claimed directly with HMRC by following the information below.

Client Reimbursable Expenses

Our expenses policy applies only where your agency or end-client agrees to reimburse you for expenses you incurred wholly and exclusively whilst working during an assignment for Fair Pay Services. The expenses claimed must not be claimed against any other company. 

The actual expenses that your agency or end-client may agree to reimburse you for will vary on an individual basis, therefore we we recommend that you speak with them directly to confirm this.

Please note that in any case where your agency or end-client submits a payment request for such an expense, Fair Pay Services as your employer will require you to complete a form which can be completed electronically by clicking the image of the claim form or clicking the button below;

Please note failure to provide the form may result in a delay in processing your timesheet for the week.

If you have any queries or need assistance please contact our customer services team on 0333 311 0633 (option 1)

Tax Relief For Expenses Of Employment

If you would like to claim tax relief on money you’ve spent on things like work uniform and clothing, tools, business travel, professional fees and subscriptions, this should be claimed via a Self Assessment Tax Return (SATR) or directly with HMRC.  Find out more below;

Claim Online

You can claim online unless you:

  • are claiming on behalf of someone else
  • complete Self Assessment returns (except current year claims)
  • are claiming for expenses over £2,500
  • are claiming for more than 5 different jobs

Claim by post (P87)

You must claim tax relief by post if you’re claiming either:

  • on behalf of someone else
  • for more than 5 jobs

HMRC will only accept postal claims using for P87. Include all expenses for the tax year you want to claim for.

Claim by Phone

You can claim tax relief by phone if you’ve already claimed the same expense type in a previous year and your total expenses are less than either:

  • £1,000
  • £2,500 for professional fees and subscriptions

Use our extremely simple online form to request a Net Pay Example

Contact Us


Please call or email now to find out more!

Payroll Enquiries / Customer Services (Option 1)
Mon-Fri 8am-8pm
[email protected]
New Registrations (Option 2)
Mon-Fri 8am-8pm
[email protected]
Sales / All Other Queries (Option 3)
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
[email protected]


Out of Hours

Outside of our opening hours, you can leave a voicemail which will be actioned by the relevant team as soon as we open. If you have an urgent out of hours query, please send an email to [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.

5th Floor, 42-50 Kimpton Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 0FP