We are delighted to announce that we have now partnered with JobsAware.
JobsAware provides free help and advice to UK workers who believe they might have suffered from job scams or unfair working practices. They resolve issues directly where possible, but where they can’t they will pass them to one of their partners in UK Government or law enforcement.
As part of their work to improve standards for non-permanent workers, such as agency and umbrella workers, they have partnered with a number of umbrella organisations to pilot an awareness scheme.
The JobsAware Principles of Good Practice for Umbrella Companies are below;
- Demonstrate that they are working proactively to protect contractor rights.
- Promote JobsAware as a place to refer contractors that have concerns about their employment.
- Promote JobsAware as a place to refer contractors that need general employment help or advice.
- Engage with the opportunity to engage with UK Government, through a Payment Intermediaries sub-committee, to discuss issues and opportunities in the sector.
- Report abuse against themselves, such as contractor fraud, to JobsAware.
JobsAware have a page on advice for agency workers, which features a section on umbrella company working at – https://www.jobsaware.co.uk/agency-workers