What is a Key Information Document (KID)?

KID should be the first document you receive from the recruitment agency looking for temporary work for you. This type of recruitment agency is known as an ‘employment business’.

The KID should set out the key information about your relationship with the employment business and any third parties, including:

  • who will pay you
  • what you can expect to be paid and how often

Employment businesses must, by law (since 6 April 2020), provide a KID to new temporary workers who register with them.

Why you need a KID

The KID will help you understand the details of your intended arrangements with the employment business, and any umbrella companies (sometimes referred to as intermediaries). It should give you information on:

  • your pay
  • deductions
  • holiday entitlement
  • any additional benefits

It should be no more than 2 sides of A4 when printed and should present the information clearly.

Click to View further information about KID’s on GOV.UK